Monday, June 25, 2012

Heaven in a Bowl

Usually I am a Food Network Junkie. Paula Dean. Ree Drummond. Racahel Ray. These are my go to's.

While these ladies usually take the cake in recipes, this week, Pinterest came in first in a landslide.

A simple search for fruit dip gave me a recipe that will stay in the top of my books for years to come.

Heaven in a bowl. Better than {you fill in the blank}. The fruit dip that changed my life. Okay, maybe that's a tad dramatic, but seriously. I've made plenty of fruit dips before, but I will never make any of the others ever again. Get your grocery list and pen ready stat and get ready for a heavenly experience. You'll thank me later.

{Disclaimer. If you aren't making this for a large group, I recommend halving the ingredients. Or be forced to dig in with a spoon and eat more than you ever intended to. I speak from experience}


{Brown Sugar Fruit Dip}


Source: (Sami Cameron, Corpus Christi, Texas, Southern Living, JULY 2007)
Yield: 3 1/2 cups

Ingredients:

1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup coffee liqueur {I replaced this with 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream}
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
assorted fruits

Method:
Beat brown sugar and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sour cream, vanilla, and coffee liqueur, beating until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Cover and chill 4 hours. Sprinkle top of the dip with brown sugar garnish, if desired. Serve with fruit. Strawberries, pineapple, and grapes are really good with this dip.


{Indulge}


No comments:

Post a Comment